Friday 28 March 2008

What a privilege!!


I am reminded so often of what a privilege it is to be here...like when I was sitting under some trees the other day during a village meeting to see what some of their needs are...like when I visit "my" patient in the ward...teaching her to plat "Fish"...like when I donate blood(we are a floating blood bank, after all)...like when I am dodging the tubes and catheters during the worship service on the ward...like when I visited the Women's projects from last year and...saw them harvest their first ever honey from their bee hives. So many things. Last week a baby came on board for a surgery and had, not a cleft lip surgery but a whole cleft face surgery! Amazing!

This photo is not an easy one but it does show one of the little ones who came to our Screening Day for help, Yes, it really is a privilege to be here!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am so proud of you updating your blog!