Wednesday 8 July 2009

Adopting a Ward

For a period of time now I have adopted a ward. B Ward, the VVF women. They are on board for up to 2 weeks, sometimes more. Hanging around, dozing, carrying their urine bags up and down the hallways. In adopting the ward I go down almost daily to make pompoms, name signs, decorate boxes, and paint fingernails. You know, pretty useless stuff, but fun and though I am daily nervous about it, I am always glad I have done it. The women's faces light up and call out, "Mama!"
Here is photo of a few of them after their "Dress Ceremony", before they leave the ship to go home. Very special women!!



1 comment:

Jean said...

Nope, definitely NOT "pretty useless stuff." You show them a glimpse of their true value by giving them the gift of time and of yourself, just as Jesus gave himself.