Wednesday 29 April 2009

Last week I saw tulips.
I do enjoy being in Africa but have been realizing that I miss spring flowers. About the same time I realized that, our daughter, Martha, let us know she was planning to move back to South Africa from Switzerland. Now I also miss my kids and my grandkids and so, not even thinking of flowers, I planned a trip to help her pack up their things. And lo and behold, along with the special-ness of seeing Martha and Pieter and Daniel and Stian and Megan, I also got to see tulips and forsythia and daffodils and had a wonderful time. I also saw more banana boxes than I ever care to see again...just kidding!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Mams :).
I love this pic. The kids sure look big! So fun you got that visit in. We had a nice chat this morning. Love you!
Love,
Jill

Jean said...

Hi Ann, I have been thinking of you and the flowers at Felling a lot this spring. I keep wondering where I can find a similar garden around here in Boston! There are tulips along medians, but I haven't found a huge garden. Next year I'll need to plant my own.