Friday 29 May 2009

More Window Shopping

The other day we were stopped at a traffic light. Yes, a traffic light!! And people in this country stop when they should and go when they should. It is an amazing thing! I have thought to myself that if you stop for long enough, any thing you could ever want will walk by you…on someone’s head or just waved at your window. It really does give a whole new meaning to “window shopping”. I was observing this when I thought, “I need to write down all the things I could buy from my window… I could not write fast enough…fire extinguishers, bathroom drains, teapots and teacups, exercise equipment, DVDs and CDs, posters of intestines, door handles, patio umbrellas, guitars, cute little rubber boots, maps of the world, posters of African leaders, grass clippers, desk lamps, clocks, battery chargers, thermos’, and last but not least, wine glasses. And around the corner…dresses in trees. I did buy one of those. I call it my tree dress. Window shopping – a truly African experience!

1 comment:

Jean said...

That's something I miss...all the colors and variety out the window. And you can always tell what just came in because there are usually several people selling the same item.

Belated happy birthday, Ann!